Hearthwood Franklin Cheekwook
Hearthwood Floors are designed to be durable and low maintenance, but these are tips for ensuring your floor stays beautiful over time:
- Use floor protectors under furniture contact points
- Routinely sweep/vacuum to keep dirt and grit off the floor. Use electrostatic cloth or vacuum without the beater bar activated
- For damp cleaning, use only approved prefinished hardwood flooring cleaner as needed *Do not wet mop or use citrus or wax based cleaners because they will damage the finish. Do not use steam vacuums that emit moisture and heat.
- Clean up spills
- Maintain humidity levels between 35%- 55% and a consistent temperature between 60-80 degrees F. Do not turn off HVAC for extended periods of time in summer or winter or in cases of secondary homes and unoccupied spaces.
- Use touch up pens to easily camouflage chips from splinters or gouges
- Keep extra cartons of material in case of board replacement in the future
- Chemical refinishing is recommended for long term maintenance, which is dust free and can be done an unlimited number of times
- Warranty: 35 year residential, 5 year commercial
In order to protect your new hardwood floor and to keep it looking new, it is important to follow some basic procedures to protect it for years to come. Our factory finish is one of the most advanced finishes made today. The finish contains aluminum oxide which offers increased protection that allows for a better wearing finish, yet the finish is still capable of scratching and losing some of the gloss level over time. By simply following our recommendations the floor will give you years of service. Please refer to our maintenance guide for more detailed instructions.