Luxeio Marco Island Navajo SPC
The beauty of luxury vinyl plank flooring isn’t just in its visual appeal, but in the durability and longevity it provides homeowners as well. Luxeio luxury vinyl plank floors were crafted to create a real wood look and texture without the high cost. You also get the bonus of being able to install our floors in nearly every room of your home, including humidity-prone areas such as a basement or bathroom.
SPC - Vinyl Plank Installation Instructions
- Straight edge
- Chalk Line
- Measuring tape
- Power Crosscut Saw
- Jigsaw for cutting irregular shapes
- Rubber Mallet
- Blue or Green Painter’s Tape
- Assorted spacers
Planks needed to complete your project
Measure the length and width of your room. If the room has alcoves or offsets, measure these separately. This will give you the square footage of the room. Purchase a minimum of 10% extra to cover mistakes, trimming, and for future needs and replacement. Most installations require about 10% overage. However, this can vary depending upon the room size, layout and the experience of the installer.
SPC - VINYL PLANKS comes in 7” x 48” planks with 8 planks per case = 18.91 s.f. per case. So, if your room is 10’ x 10’ or 100 s.f., we would recommend you purchase 6 cases (113.46 s.f.)
HELPFUL HINT #1: For best results it is important to purchase product (cases) from the same batch number (dye lot). Different batch numbers can have shade variations. Every case of flooring has the batch number printed on the end of the case. Batch number example: AS01. If you do have more than one batch number, we highly recommend you install planks from 4 or 5 different cases from different batch number at one time and randomly mix them into the installation as you go. This will insure a more natural looking floor.
CAUTION: Do not install SPC - Vinyl Planks over carpet. This product is not suitable for any outside use, sunrooms, solariums, sauna, or rooms that have the potential of flooding. We also highly recommend you do not install in rooms or homes that are not temperature controlled. Exposure to long term direct sunlight can cause damage to your floor.
Acclimation: The home should be at “normal living conditions” for a minimum of 1 week prior to and during installation. Luxeio does not require that the SPC - Vinyl Planks be acclimated before installation. It is noted that in extreme temperatures (hot or cold), the product will be easier to work with if it is allowed to obtain a temperature of 60-70 degrees before installation. The home should be maintained at 55-85 degrees and 35-55% humidity.
Carpet staples or adhesive residue must be removed to insure proper installation. Subfloors should be flat within a tolerance of 3/16” over a span of 10 feet. Any unevenness over 3/16” must be sanded down or filled with a floor leveler. Voids or humps in the subfloor will prevent the planks from locking properly. Wood subfloors must be dry and well secured. New concrete floors need to cure for a minimum of 60 days.
HELPFUL HINT #2: If installing the flooring over exiting ceramic tile, it will be necessary to skim coat the grout lines with a floor leveler. If you install the planks over an existing floor that has an embossing or grout line on it, you must skin coat with a floor leveler if the embossing or grout line is greater than 1/8”.
If you have old vinyl and don’t want to pay for an expensive removal and remediating job, SPC - Vinyl Planks can be installed directly over the existing floor. Any loose or damaged tiles should be patched prior to installing the new floor over the old floor. Never sand old vinyl floors from any floor manufacturer if you think the floor may be over 20 years old.
HELPFUL HINT #3: Before laying out the floor, check the wall you are starting from and make sure it is square to the opposite wall. Simply measure the room from opposite ends of the wall to the far wall. If the measurements are different, you can make adjustments on the first row by scribing the plank.
- Starting from the left, lay a row of loose planks without securing them to each other first to determine if you need to adjust the layout or scribe the first row to conform to the starting wall.
- Installation should start with the first piece in a corner (left hand) and proceed from the wall with the groove facing out away from the wall. Allow a minimum gap of 1/4” for subfloor movement or product expansion, which should be covered by molding.
- Line up the end of the next piece by overlapping the first. Using a rubber mallet, tap the joint together with a downward motion until the tongue and groove are securely locked. Continue in this manner until you have reached the end of the first row.
- Be sure to keep the seams tight. You will feel and hear the click when locking the planks together to create a tight seam. There should be no gap visible between planks. If your seam appears not to be tight, you can immediately pull apart the planks and reapply it. Slowly and carefully lift the top plank away from the bottom plank and simply apply then repeating Step #3. Be careful not to pull the planks apart too fast or you could rip or damage the Locking Strip.
- When installing SPC - Vinyl Plank, it is strongly recommended to stagger the rows so that the short edge (7”) seams are not in a straight uniform line. We recommend staggering the end-joints by a minimum of 8” but maintaining a random layout. Do not create a pattern.
- Interlock the first plank tightly against the first row (long side) at a 15-20-degree angle.
- Align the end of the next plank over the end groove of the previous plank and lower the side joint together. Tap the end joint down with the rubber mallet using a downward angle towards the adjoining plank until the tongue and groove lock together.
- Inspect each plank after install to assure the long and short ends are tight.
- Continue with the installation in this manner. Use end cuts as starters for the next rows as long as proper stagger is maintained.
HELPFUL HINT #4: When cutting SPC - Vinyl Plank for length, be sure to always cut the short side of the plank with the groove edge. The remaining piece can then be used on the opposite side of the room at the end of that row if layout permits.
- To fit around irregular objects, simply make a pattern out of heavy paper. Place the pattern upon the plank and trace. Cut along trace lines using a jigsaw. Be sure to leave a minimum of 1/4” expansion space around all fixed objects, floor vents, and door frames and walls.
- When installing under door jambs, it may be required to carefully shave the top ledge of the groove. Use wood glue applied to bottom lip of the groove to secure. Hold in place with painter’s tape until glue is dry.
- After complete, reinstall or add new quarter round to cover expansion space. Only nail straight into the wall base, do not nail down through the floor into the subfloor as this will eliminate the expansion properties.
- Add appropriate transition moldings. Make sure the floor can float under the overlap of each transition profile.
- This is a floating floor system. As with all floating floors, do not install cabinets on top of flooring. The cabinets must be installed first, and the flooring cut around them.
- Do not install in rooms or homes that are not temperature controlled. Exposure to long term direct sunlight can cause damage to your floor.
- Furniture should have felt pads attached to all legs and all metal tabs/nails removed.
- Do not use ball type castors as they can damage the floor. All castors or wheels should be easy swiveling and suitable for resilient flooring.
- SPC - Vinyl Plank is approved for installation over In-floor Radiant Heat. Floor temperature must not exceed 85 degrees Fahrenheit.
Floor Care and Product Warranty Guide For Residential Use
Luxeio Wood Flooring has the following limited warranties:
- Lifetime structural warranty
- Lifetime finish wear-through warranty
This limited warranty is made subject to the following conditions:
- The flooring must be used only indoors in residential areas.
- The surface wear must not have occurred as a result on incorrect maintenance or accidents such as damage caused by scratching, impact, and cutting.
- The surface wear must be readily visible (approximately 10% of the installed floor). Gloss reduction is not considered surface wear.
- Luxeio warrants its products are free from manufacturing defects in lamination, milling and assembly for as long as you own it. Luxeio also warrants that its products will not buckle, cup or warp “when properly installed and normal humidity in the home (35%-55%) is maintained according to Luxeio recommended procedures”.
Luxeio warranties do not cover indentations, scratches, or damages caused by negligence, exposure to extreme heat, dryness or water saturation, accidents, abuse, misuse indentation from stiletto heels, stains as a result of chemical or industrial products, improper installation and maintenance, insufficient protection or improper alternations of the original manufactured product.
This writing is the complete and exclusive statement of the warranty and is in lieu of all other express and /or implied warranties. Luxeio assumes no liability for incidental or consequential damages. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state. The sole remedy provided herein is the repair or replacement of defective products.
Luxeio warrants that your Homestyle Collection LVP flooring will be free from manufacturing defects and for a period of 5 years following the date of purchase, under light commercial use*, will not wear-through, stain or discolor form mold, mildew or alkali. Mold and mildew growth caused by excessive moisture as a result of flooding, plumbing and appliance leaks, and water leakage through sliding glass doors is not covered.
*Light commercial is defined as environments which do not have heavy commercial traffic, where the flooring is not exposed to a heavy commercial maintenance schedule and where the interior temperature and humidity can be controlled and maintained. If there is a question as to whether the site is determined to be light commercial, contact Luxeio
Definitions for Applications in terms of LVP
|Kitchen||Small Restaurant||Large Restaurant|
|Bedroom||Small Retail Shop||Large Retail|
|Dining Room||Waiting Rooms||School Classrooms|
|Rec. Rooms||Trade Booths||Large Office|
|Foyers||Professinoal Office||Nurse's Station|
- Use rugs inside and outside entrances to prevent sand and abrasives from being tracked onto floor. Use soft woven rugs. Clean or replace rugs as needed.
- Apply felt pads on all furniture legs to ease movement and prevent scratches. When moving furniture or appliances, use caution to avoid scratching, indentations, or gouging.
- Use large soft polyurethane or rubber casters versus narrow rigid plastic ones.
- Maintain relative humidity level between 35%-55% for your good health, your wood floor and furnishings. In high humidity, the use of air conditioners or dehumidifiers will control the environment. During dry periods, use a humidifier.
- Stiletto high-heels and spiked sport shoes are not recommended on any flooring.
- Wipe up spills quickly to protect floor from excess liquid.
- Sweep or vacuum your floor regularly to prevent dirt, dust and abrasives that can scratch or dull its finish.
NOTE: Vacuum only with a hard floor attachment. A revolving beater brush can hold grit which can damage the finish.
- Clean your floor as needed with any wood floor CLEANER. NO WAXES, POLISHES, OIL BASED DETERGENTS OR ABRASIVE CLEANERS SUCH AS STEEL WOOL CLEANERS.
- Spray a light mist onto the floor. Mop floor in a back-and-forth motion in the same direction as strips for best results.
- Never pour water or liquid cleaner directly onto floor surface.
FLOOR CARE TIPS
- Larger pets should have their claws trimmed to avoid scratching floors.
- For more difficult stains, dampen a cloth with mineral spirits and clean mess.
- Avoid long term exposure to direct sunlight. UV protective film applied on windows can help protect your flooring in addition to your energy savings.
WPC-EVP-SPC Vinyl Floors Lifetime Limited Waterproof Warranty
The floor planks are warranted to be 100% waterproof. This means the structural performance of this flooring will not be adversely impacted by water exposure for the life of the product. While moisture will not affect the floor's integrity, it is probable that, when excessive moisture accumulates in buildings or on building materials, mold (and/or) mildew growth can occur (particularly if the moisture problem remains undiscovered or unaddressed). This limited warranty excludes damage from mold and mildew growth due to prolonged exposure to moisture, damage to surrounding structures such as, but not limited to, subfloors, walls, fixtures, furniture, underlayment, moldings, trims or subfloor heating systems. In the case of standing water or flooding, the flooring will not act as a waterproofing barrier for the subfloor and/or any surrounding structure. This limited warranty does not apply to damage caused by water or moisture in the subfloor or underneath the flooring including, but not limited to, damage from subfloor hydrostatic pressure or other conditions that result in water or moisture under the floor.
Waterproof Limited Warranty does not cover:
- Any damage to structures that are not part of the installed WPC-EVP-SPC Vinyl flooring, such as damage to surrounding walls, subfloor, structures, fixtures, furniture, underlayment, moldings, trims, and subfloor heating systems.
- Any damage from mold and/or mildew growth due to extended water exposure.
- Flooring that is installed outdoors.
There are no products in this collection.