Mannington Norwegian Oak Glacier
To make the best use of hardwood resources Mannington may ship cartons that include random length boards, cartons that are all long boards, or a combination of both. We cannot tell you in advance what you will receive or request a certain type of carton. This is true of all first quality Mannington hardwood no matter where it is purchased. If you have any specific questions about this please contact Mannington before placing an order.
Hardwood Care and Maintenance
You can protect your Mannington Hardwood Floor by following these easy guidelines.
- Wood is a natural product that lives in a comfort zone of 35% - 55% relative humidity, and between 60 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit. To ensure the long life of your wood floor, the HVAC system should remain active at all times.
- Sweep or vacuum regularly, since built-up grit can damage the finish and surface of hardwood. The vacuum head must be a brush or felt type. Be certain the wheels of the vacuum are clean and do not damage the finish. Do not use a vacuum with a beater bar head.
- Remove spills promptly using a soft cloth and cleaning products recommended by Mannington.
- Never mop or flood your floor with water or other products. This can severely damage the flooring.
- The use of Mannington maintenance and floor-care products is highly recommended.
- Do not use oil soaps, liquid or paste wax products or other household cleaners that contain lemon oil, tung oil or ammonia.
- Keep pets nails trimmed and paws clean and free of dirt, gravel, grease, oil and stains.
- Use a dolly and protective sheets of plywood when moving heavy objects.
- Make certain furniture casters and floor protectors are clean and operate properly minimum of 1" continuous width is recommended).
- Remove shoes with spiked or damaged heels before walking on the floor.