Mannington Hardwood Care and Maintenance
Hardwood Care and Maintenance
You can protect your Mannington Hardwood Floor by following these easy guidelines.
- Wood is a natural product that lives in a comfort zone of 35% - 55% relative humidity, and between 60 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit. To ensure the long life of your wood floor, the HVAC system should remain active at all times.
- Sweep or vacuum regularly, since built-up grit can damage the finish and surface of hardwood. The vacuum head must be a brush or felt type. Be certain the wheels of the vacuum are clean and do not damage the finish. Do not use a vacuum with a beater bar head.
- Remove spills promptly using a soft cloth and cleaning products recommended by Mannington.
- Never mop or flood your floor with water or other products. This can severely damage the flooring.
- The use of Mannington maintenance and floor-care products is highly recommended.
- Do not use oil soaps, liquid or paste wax products or other household cleaners that contain lemon oil, tung oil or ammonia.
- Keep pets nails trimmed and paws clean and free of dirt, gravel, grease, oil and stains.
- Use a dolly and protective sheets of plywood when moving heavy objects.
- Make certain furniture casters and floor protectors are clean and operate properly minimum of 1" continuous width is recommended).
- Remove shoes with spiked or damaged heels before walking on the floor.